multiple-item traversal ranges

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 19:06:26 PDT 2011

>> Agreed. Andrei's opinion is understandable if he thinks he'd have to
>> implement these features and has better things to do. I'd be willing to
>> do the implementation work if the relevant compiler bugs/enhancements
>> (2443, 4707, and maybe support for inlining delegates) get fixed so I
>> can do it right.
>
> I'm much more worried about the long-term costs associated with such an
> approach.

Please elaborate.  My possibly naive opinion is that objects with a
single-argument opApply are a structural supertype of input ranges
(since they both support foreach with a single argument), so except for
a few minor details with regard to the compiler this is a no-brainer.
It's not a high priority, but it's worth doing for the sake of
consistency and generality.