__traits so long and ugly, what about ::?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Mar 31 01:52:25 PDT 2011

KennyTM~:

> I think the GSoC group and language feature discussion group should be
> separated.

Regarding D/Phobos feature discussions, they don't damage the summer of code discussions significantly because they put in use almost a different part of the brain. The skills and attention required to write real code (or discuss closely about it, like discussion about what data structures to write down for the GSoC) are quite different from the skills needed to think about new design ideas for D or Phobos. For me such two things are so separated that I use one to relax my mind from doing the other too much.

Said that, and given the limited number of people here, a further newsgroup split is not good.

Bye,
bearophile