D auto-tester

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Thu May 5 14:09:42 PDT 2011

On 05/05/2011 21:15, Ulrik Mikaelsson wrote:
> I too think it's awesome.
>
> Just some quick thoughts;
>   * Could some kind of benchmarking be integrated to track performance
> aspects, especially find regressions? Perhaps a bit high on the
> utility/work-scale?

Yes, this wouldn't be of much use though, as little work is done on the
backend, and it only tracks dmd right now. It could perhaps be forked in
a performance branch if someone were interested in that.

>   * Is the script available for running offline, on some local machine,
> I.E. verifying different distro:s, etc?

Yes, it's on github I believe, see the test/ directory of dmd. The
server/client stuff is also available elsewhere I believe.

>   * 1280x1024 is too small for seeing the results. Could the view
> perhaps be made slightly more compact? (Especially since OSX64 and
> Win64 might be interesting targets in the near future?)

There was a recent discussion about this, there are plans to create a
much cleaner and more compact view.

>   * What is "Linux 32/64" vs. "64/32"?

32 bit dmd creating 64 bit binaries, 64 bit dmd creating 32 bit
binaries. I believe you get a description if you hover over them.

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/