D auto-tester

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Thu May 5 14:21:07 PDT 2011

On Thu, 5 May 2011, Ulrik Mikaelsson wrote:

> Just some quick thoughts;
>  * Could some kind of benchmarking be integrated to track performance
> aspects, especially find regressions? Perhaps a bit high on the
> utility/work-scale?

Could? Yes.
Am I going to? Not likely.  If someone else does, it could be
incorporated.

>  * Is the script available for running offline, on some local machine,
> I.E. verifying different distro:s, etc?

There's a link to the scripts at the bottom of the page.  They're hosted
on github.  I've often got parts that aren't yet checked in but nothing
that's particularly central to the testing.

>  * 1280x1024 is too small for seeing the results. Could the view
> perhaps be made slightly more compact? (Especially since OSX64 and
> Win64 might be interesting targets in the near future?)

See answers from the others.  But in general, sorry.  I'm catering to the
people who are doing the primary development, and most have nice large and
wide screens.

>  * What is "Linux 32/64" vs. "64/32"?

As indicated already, hover over each of the titles for a longer
description of the build.

Later,
Brad