dmd2 on Ubuntu

Brian Myers tarkawebfoot at gmail.com
Sat May 7 12:03:31 PDT 2011

So I removed the executables from /usr/local/bin and rather than adding them to my path, I sym linked them to the dmd2/linux/bin directory in
my home directory. I did this because I'd like to have the compiler and tools available system wide. I then moved the dmd.conf file from /etc to
the linux/bin directory where dmd resides.

When I do this I get different messages from dmd, but it still can't make ld find -lphobos2. The two messages I get, however, are:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libphobos2.a when searching for -lphobos2

The other message is also about libphobos2.a, it's just finding it relative to the gcc library path.

I even extracted all the object files from libphobos2.a and verified that they were 64 bit ELF format. Is it really that libphobos2.a is messed up, or
is this message a red herring?

Thanx again

Brian