D auto-tester

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Sat May 7 15:19:44 PDT 2011

On 07/05/2011 23:15, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> "Robert Clipsham"<robert at octarineparrot.com>  wrote in message
> news:ipv3tv$1eg0$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>
>>>    * What is "Linux 32/64" vs. "64/32"?
>>
>> 32 bit dmd creating 64 bit binaries, 64 bit dmd creating 32 bit binaries.
>> I believe you get a description if you hover over them.
>>

> Probably a stupid question, but 32-bit DMD can't create 64-bit binaries when
> running on a 32-bit system, can it? I assume 32-bit DMD can only create
> 64-bit binaries when running on a 64-bit system, right?

It should be able to if you have a multilib gcc installed, along with
the relevant 64bit libraries (that makes it sound so simple, I know from
experience that anything to do with gcc almost 100% isn't that simple).
You won't be able to run the resulting binary of course.

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/