D auto-tester

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Sat May 7 17:33:19 PDT 2011

On 08/05/2011 01:05, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> You won't be able to run the resulting binary of course.
>
> Aww, shucks ;) There go my plans of a software-based CPU upgrade!

Check out QEMU, it will let you run a virtualized 64 bit operating
system on 32 bit hardware, same for arm and a number of other cpu
architectures. It's been a while since I used it, could do what you want
though. I believe there's an extras package for it if you're on Ubuntu
which adds a load of architectures if it's not available by default.
Also make sure to get the kvm package if your hardware supports it,
it'll give a significant speed boost.

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/