bikeshedding: sizediff_t -> size_s ?

KennyTM~ kennytm at gmail.com
Mon May 9 23:36:01 PDT 2011

On May 10, 11 13:48, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> ssize_t is even worse when comparing visually against size_t. It's the
> same crap as "if" vs "iff", which I've only recently discovered are
> two different things. Heh!

At least you can tell there's a difference in number of letters.

     ssize_t x;
     size_t y;

Besides, ssize_t is a widely accepted standard type, while size_s (well,
and sizediff_t too) is something imagined from nowhere.

You think "iff" is crap only because you don't know the word. Without
knowing what the meaning of 'size_s' is, it is as crappy as 'ssize_t'.

> Well, size_s looks nice in my code. sizediff_t steals too much space.

Yeah, keep that alias to yourself. I only oppose pushing it to object.d
to make it a de jure standard.