441 gmane.comp.lang.d.dmd.beta is unidirectional

Brad Roberts braddr at slice-2.puremagic.com
Tue May 10 19:17:41 PDT 2011

On Wed, 11 May 2011, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

> On Wed, 11 May 2011 04:39:44 +0300, Brad Roberts
> <braddr at slice-2.puremagic.com> wrote:
>
> > I run a _mail_ gateway, not a news gateway.  So, no, posting via nntp
> > isn't going to work.  As to why I require registration, it's spam
> > prevention.  I'm not willing to open up posts to non-registered users as
> > it's a very strong line of defense.  I'm also not eager to trust gmane as
> > an open relay point.
>
> Posting worked at one point. I hope you've disabled it out of practical
> considerations.

I've occasionally manually approved a few posts that have come through,
but posting from non-subscribers has, as far as I recall, never worked.
It would have been a misconfiguration.  The practical consideration is the
one I described above, spam prevention.  It's necessary.  There are many
attempted posts per day to each of the lists I carry.

> > You can visit http://lists.puremagic.com/ to see the various lists.
>
> Bugger that... setting up an e-mail account/client configuration just to be
> able to report an occasional DMD beta bug is not worth it.

Bugs are best reported to bugzilla.  The lists are for discussion.

Sorry you feel that subscribing is too high a bar.

Later,
Brad