Making D Lang More easy.

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Wed May 11 11:04:08 PDT 2011

I'll reply to points not addressed by others.

On Wed, 11 May 2011 16:41:25 +0300, Matthew Ong <ongbp at yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1) D is a feature rich and seems to generate a really small file size
> foot print for both *.dll and *.exe (Nice!!) compare to Google Go.

Funny, many people (myself included) think the executable size is still
much larger than it can/should be :)

> 4) Is there also a Code formatting tool like:
>    gofmt Gofmt formats Go programs. // That save me a lot to time.
>    The Netbeans and eclipse has this build in feature.

IIRC, Descent (D Eclipse plugin) has a decent code formatter.

Uncrustify ( http://uncrustify.sourceforge.net/ ) supports D.

> 6) Is there some build in source code checking command like:
>  govet
> http://golang.org/cmd/

There isn't, but you can pass the -c -o- flags to dmd to only compile
given modules and not write object files.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net