Making D Lang More easy.

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Wed May 11 15:52:56 PDT 2011

> Timon Gehr:
>
> > I do not think this should be a compiler feature. It sounds like a task more
> > suitable for a source code analyzer.
>
> The compiler already has the information.

The compiler has the symbol tables. Everything beyond that is additional
computation. (arguably not too complex)
Another concern is, that if it is not optional, it will just nag you all the time.
I agree that having some means of finding dead imports would be a nice thing. But
only with the -w switch enabled.

But I also think it is more important that the compiler improves on compiling D code.

I'd like to hear some of Walter's arguments on the matter.

> > Apart from that, if you need that functionality, you can easily write a small
> > script that comments out all imports in turn and tries to recompile.
>
> This is a way to waste lot of time, especially in larger programs. You want
something better.

I agree.

> Bye,
> bearophile