Making D Lang More easy.

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed May 11 18:04:25 PDT 2011

On 2011-05-11 17:48, Walter Bright wrote:
> > Out of curiosity, do you have any idea what kind of impact it has on
> > compilation performance to import unused modules?
>
> That of course is highly dependent on the contents of those modules, and
> what they correspondingly import.

I figured as much. It's just that if it's known to be generally expensive,
then that would increase the insentive to remove unnecessary imports.
Otherwise, I would tend to favor something closer to just importing everything
and not worrying about it. But it is quite common in Java to import only
exactly what you use, though I think that that's at least partially to avoid
symbol clashes, and D doesn't work quite the same way in that regard.

- Jonathan M Davis