SCons and D

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Fri May 13 22:58:45 PDT 2011

The DMD folk have just made a new release of D and D2.  These are
important releases for a number of reasons:

1.  Includes std.parallelism.
2.  Includes 64-bit as well as 32-bit builds, at least for Linux.
3.  Has changed the string on the help output.

As far as I am aware there is no way of getting just the version number
out of the dmd command, you have to ask for help and then process the
first line which contains the version number.  Sadly in this latest
release that string has changed.  This means the standard D tool of
SCons will not work with this latest DMD release.

I have fixed up my working fork of the standard D tool.  If you are
going to use SCons with the latest DMD you will have to use this working
fork.  It is held as a Mercurial repository on BitBucket.  See
https://bitbucket.org/russel/scons_dmd_new

Any questions on this to me please, with bug reports via the issue
tracker associated with the fork on BitBucket.  If bug reports come with
pull requests of fixes so much the better :-)

As soon as there is a new SCons version release in sight I cause a a
merge of changes between the extant dmd tool and my fork to happen.

Thanks.
--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk