Implementing std.log

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sat May 14 18:18:44 PDT 2011

On 2011-05-14 16:35, Michel Fortin wrote:
> On 2011-05-14 13:04:54 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu
>
> <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> said:
> > Documentation:
> >
> > http://d-programming-language.org/phobos-prerelease/std_log.html
> >
> > Source:
> >
> > https://github.com/andralex/phobos
> >
> > Feedback welcome.
>
> Shouldn't "everyMs" and "afterMs" accept any of core.time's duration
> types instead of being fixed in milliseconds?

I'd vote for that. Then again, I'm tempted to argue that we shouldn't have
_any_ time-related functions which take naked numbers. There are several time-
related functions in druntime and Phobos which still have versions which take
naked numbers. They may all now have versions which take a core.time.Duration,
but most of them still have versions which takes a naked number and which have
not be scheduled for deprecation.

Now, there may be a valid argument for keeping versions of some functions
around which take a naked number instead of a Duration, but I really think
that we should lean towards using Durationl for that sort of thing and get rid
of those that take naked numbers. It's less error-prone and would increase the
consistency of how times are handled in druntime and Phobos.

- Jonathan M Davis