reddit discussion about Go turns to D again

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat May 14 22:12:04 PDT 2011

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:iqmgq7$1fgn$1 at digitalmars.com...
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/hb6m8/google_io_2011_writing_web_apps_in_go/

Heh, this is one of the best things I've read in quite some time:

"This supports my guess that Google bought up a bunch of "big names" (Pike,
van Rossum, etc.), then provided them with a sort of "early retirement
community" where, instead of playing bridge or watching "Wheel of Fortune,"
they play around with computers all day. Occasionally they get trotted out
for an internal "tech talk," but their productive careers are over."

Classic.

Every time I look at Go^H^HIssue 9, I can't help wondering why there's
people out there who apparently assume that just because someone did
something significant 40 years ago somehow implies they have the Midas
touch.