reddit discussion about Go turns to D again

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sat May 14 23:08:37 PDT 2011

You are to a certain extent right, but Go is appealing in a few ways.

Many Go users are coming from C or scripting languages, so Go is an
evolution for them, even if the language is a downgrade from major
programming language features.

Then many of the developers that are impressed by Go's multicore
features, are not aware of the nice libraries available for C++, JVM or
.Net.

There is the possibility that Go will make it into Android.

The web site is always up to date with the latest language specification and
they have weekly and stable releases.

There not much to say about Go, other than the language looks like a new
version of Alef from Plan9 with a bit of Oberon. But Google's backing, plus
the way they deal with the community is increasing its use.

I wish D would evolve the same way.

--
Paulo

news:iqn484$2fkm$1 at digitalmars.com...