reddit discussion about Go turns to D again

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun May 15 07:00:31 PDT 2011

On 5/15/11 6:52 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-05-15 at 09:46 +0200, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> Well, C++ already kind of has, thanks to Intel's TBB and Microsoft's PPL and
>> Agents libraries.
>
> TBB is very good in terms of performance but it can be rather awkward to
> use.  It is thought a great step forward for data parallelism is C++.

I wonder how TBB compares to the recent Gnu parallel library
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/bk01pt12ch31s03.html.

Now that we have std.parallelism, we should kick-off a
std.parallel_algorithm project building on top of it, and make it high
priority. Lambdas make parallel algorithms infinitely more powerful.

Andrei