reddit discussion about Go turns to D again

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun May 15 13:13:50 PDT 2011

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:iqop1p$2e5r$1 at digitalmars.com...

> A user-level program could import std.parallel_algorithm and
> std.algorithm, and choose which version to use by simply qualifying
> function calls with the same signature.

I'd be *very* cautious about that sort of thing. Actually, no, I'd be
against it. Using fully-qualified function calls destroys the ability to use
member call syntax which is one of my absolute favorite D features (in large
part because it reduces excess parenthesis-nesting and reduces the amount of
code that's executed in the opposite order it's written). Unfortunately,
member call syntax seems to have become completely forgotten since about a
few years ago. And instead of gaining the ability to use it on more types as
was supposed to happen, the number of places it can be used has been
*decreasing*.