reddit discussion about Go turns to D again

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun May 15 16:39:10 PDT 2011

On 5/15/2011 3:48 PM, Robert Clipsham wrote:
>>> 2. google will index it as "parallel algorithm", exactly what we want.
>>> URL names carry a lot of weight with google page rank
> Argument #2 I don't find as attractive, but it could be a nice way to increase
> D's usage (not that many people are looking for it -
> http://www.google.com/trends?q=parallel+algorithm although that's probably not
> indicative, considering it contains the majority, who aren't programmers).

Yeah, but I'd like anyone actually searching for "parallel algorithm" to find
the D library at the top or near the top of the list.

If we make up a unique name, like "palgorithm", nobody is going to find it.

Making up unique names is the right thing to do for branding and establishing a
trademark. Otherwise, search engine friendly terms are far and away the better
option.