Arrays are sufficient for ArrayLists? Really??

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Mon May 16 02:54:33 PDT 2011

Hi!

I posted this question on StackOverflow about D:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6015008/how-to-delete-an-element-
from-an-array-in-d

and the answers are quite surprising to me.

Are arrays really supposed to be substitutes for array lists if we
can't remove anything from them? It seems to me like that's a really
basic feature we're missing here... it's really annoying whenever I
find out that each of my arrays needs its own "counter" variable,
even though it already has a length and a capacity.

Doesn't that mean we still need an ArrayList(T) type, as powerful as
arrays are supposed to be in D?