Making D Lang More easy.

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Mon May 16 11:10:54 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 13:32 -0400, bearophile wrote:
> Russel Winder:
>
> > If you want to branch the branch using Bazaar then use the URL
> > http://www.russel.org.uk/Bazaar/Pi_Quadrature.  If you want to browse
> > the code then there is an instance of Loggerhead running so point your
> > browser at the URL http://www.russel.org.uk:8080/Pi_Quadrature
>
> There's even a Chapel version :-) I like several ideas of the Chapel language design.
> Where are the results of the benchmarks?

Chapel is very good if you like PGAS (which I am not sure I do), it is
also quite efficient in use of resources (kudos to Brad et al.).  X10 is
profligate with resources so is definitely not on my "like" list just
now (apologies to Igor and the rest of the X10 team, but . . . ).
Fortress is interesting as it goes for the "you write mathematics and
we'll code generate" approach, which is very interesting -- assuming
Oracle continue to fund the activity.

There are no published results from my codes, it is all very much "do it
yourself" as far as numbers are concerned.  The codes are all about
anecdotal evidence not about structured statistical results.  Yes
structured statistical results could be created, but is it worth it?

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk