Curl wrapper

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 17:43:40 PDT 2011

== Quote from jdrewsen (jdrewsen at nospam.com)'s article
> Hi,
>     I've been working on a wrapper for the etc.c.curl module. It is now
> pretty stable and I would very much like some feedback on the API.
> http://freeze.steamwinter.com/D/web/phobos/etc_curl.html
> BTW I use template mixins which doesn't seem to get included in the
> generated docs. Is there any way I can make this work?
> /Jonas

This looks very good and I'd definitely be in favor of including it in the next
release.  However, there are a few small issues:

1.  In the docs for Http, I don't think you need to say "Do not use the same
instance in two threads simultaneously."  I think this is pretty much common
sense.  Same with the Ftp class.

2.  A short overview of the asynch stuff at the top of the file would be nice.
I'm a little confused about what it's for and when to use it instead of the
regular synchronous functions.  Does this allow you to process the beginning of a
request while the end is still being received?

3.  I don't think you need to say how all the convenience functions are
implemented, i.e. "Internally this is implemented using an instance of the Http
class."  This is both likely to be assumed and an irrelevant implementation detail.

Overall, nice work.