Curl wrapper

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Tue May 17 10:39:22 PDT 2011

On Tue, 17 May 2011 17:45:00 +0300, Andrei Alexandrescu

> On 5/17/11 12:23 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 May 2011 07:43:06 +0300, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:
>>
>>> 3. Data on wire is ubyte[], not void[].
>>
>> I was the one who suggested using void[]. If data on wire is ubyte[],
>> why is data on disk void[] (according to std.file.read/write)?
>
> Bug in std.file.

I remember suggesting a long time ago that all types that do not have
pointers be implicitly convertible to ubyte[]. That way, write functions
can safely use ubyte[] without casts (and even provide a bit of safety
against accidentally writing pointers to disk or network). Are you still
against the idea?

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net