Builtin regex (Was: How to complex switch?)

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue May 17 16:05:44 PDT 2011

Timon Gehr:

> Tuple literals would indeed be very nice.

I have asked for tuple unpacking syntax (and other things like some support from the type system). Tuple literals are less needed.

> (having syntactic sugar for phobos functionality in the language
> seems like a very bad design to me,

I don't see it as a bad design. Why do you see it as a bad thing?

> However, tuple literals break the comma operator...

If something like a banana bracket syntax (|...|) is required (or some other kind of thing), then I think it doesn't clash with C usages of comma operator.

> What would be the type of such a tuple literal? (T,T,T,...)?

I presume Tuple!(int, int, int)

> I don't expect something like this to be implemented soon though.

Stuff like this requires months of thinking, and just few days to be implemented by Walter :-)

Bye,
bearophile