keywords "objconst" and "objimmutable" vs. const(Object) ref

Christopher the Magnificent ultimatemacfanatic at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:42:55 PDT 2011

On 5/17/11 6:17 PM, %u wrote:
> This is what Rebindable(T) is for:
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/phobos/std_typecons.html

Thanks for the reference, but to me, rebindable feels like a hack.  My
opinion is that D deserves to have such an integral feature as mutable
references to const object data structures baked into the language with
a standard syntax, rather than added on using templates in an imported
module.

That a rebindable template can implement this functionality at all is a
testament to the power and flexibility of D, but this really ought to be
a core language feature.