Article Review: Migrating from std.date to std.datetime

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 12:37:38 PDT 2011

On Wed, 18 May 2011 00:36:26 -0400, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com>
wrote:

> A minor update with a few corrections: http://is.gd/GNELTZ
>
> Naturally, it's also up on my github account:
> https://github.com/jmdavis/d-
> programming-language.org/tree/article_datetime

One comment:

'It should be noted however that very little takes "nsecs", because...'

"very little" sounds wrong there, did you mean something like "very few
functions" or "not many functions"?  You use the phrase again later, may
want to change that as well.

This is a good article to have in the documentation, we need more
tutorial-y stuff like this in general.

I wonder if the title shouldn't be "std.datetime tutorial, and migrating
 from std.date", since a lot of the article is spent simply explaining
std.datetime.  It might actually benefit to rearrange it to put all the
'porting from std.date' parts into a single section near the end.  Just a
thought...

-Steve