There's new GIT instructions on Github now

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri May 20 13:21:37 PDT 2011

"Kagamin" <spam at here.lot> wrote in message
news:ir5q27$1par$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Nick Sabalausky Wrote:
>
>> "Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> wrote in message
>> news:ir46pp$26h7$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> >
>> > Now if only the Dulwich people would quit pretending this was a minor
>> > issue: https://bugs.launchpad.net/dulwich/+bug/670035   ...Then I'd
>> > actually be able to start using hg-git/TortoiseHg instead of putting up
>> > with the convoluted mess that git is...
>> >

>> Heh, I just noticed that the guy who keeps insisting that a breaking bug
>> on
>> Windows is of "medium" importance is employed by Canonical. Can you say,
>> "conflict of interest"? Fucking politics.
>
> What politics? If there's less interoperability between linux and windows,
> this hinders adoption of linux.

If XYZ works on Ubuntu/Linux and not on Windows, that benefits Ubuntu/Linux,
not Windows. "If you need XYZ, then you'll just have to use ABC" That's
called "exclusivity" and corporations have always tried to use it to
gain/keep customers. And even aside from such overt tactics, it could still
just be a matter of "This company's product is Ubuntu/Linux, so we're only
mildy interested in putting any effort into Windows issues." (In fact, I do
think the later is far more likely.)