There's new GIT instructions on Github now

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Fri May 20 14:18:05 PDT 2011

Am 20.05.2011 23:11, schrieb so:
> On Fri, 20 May 2011 23:42:15 +0300, Daniel Gibson
> <metalcaedes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Am 20.05.2011 22:26, schrieb Nick Sabalausky:
>>> "Don" <nospam at nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> news:ir55o4$2lhg$1 at digitalmars.com...

>>> That one's kind of funny, actually. Linus himself pretty much
>>> considers SVN
>>> to be total shit, and yet SVN handles that perfectly fine, while his
>>> program
>>> apperently doesn't.
>>>

>> You wouldn't really expect that Linus cares about Windows support, would
>> you?
>
> Why not?

Linus developed git because he needed a DVCS for Linux kernel
development. I don't think many Linux kernel developers use Windows..
(at least not for Linux kernel development)

> I fail to understand the motives of taking sides, especially for us
> developers.
> Windows is shit because it is not for developers.
> Linux is shit because it lacks drivers.
> In both cases we are on the wrong end.
>
> We should unite and bitch about both of them and platform dependent
> software!

So we need platform independent drivers?

Also note that Linux software tends to be more portable to other systems
than Windows software.