There's new GIT instructions on Github now

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri May 20 15:05:34 PDT 2011

"Daniel Gibson" <metalcaedes at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ir6m1v$1he8$3 at digitalmars.com...
> Am 20.05.2011 23:11, schrieb so:
>> On Fri, 20 May 2011 23:42:15 +0300, Daniel Gibson
>> <metalcaedes at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> You wouldn't really expect that Linus cares about Windows support, would
>>> you?
>>
>> Why not?
>
> Linus developed git because he needed a DVCS for Linux kernel
> development. I don't think many Linux kernel developers use Windows..
> (at least not for Linux kernel development)

If Git were still exclusively for Linux kernel dev, then that might have
been a relevent point.

>> I fail to understand the motives of taking sides, especially for us
>> developers.
>> Windows is shit because it is not for developers.
>> Linux is shit because it lacks drivers.
>> In both cases we are on the wrong end.
>>
>> We should unite and bitch about both of them and platform dependent
>> software!

You may jest, but that's exactly what I do :)

> Also note that Linux software tends to be more portable to other systems
> than Windows software.

The Windows software *I* write is ported to other OSes *far* more easily
than anything from, say, GNU for instance.