There's new GIT instructions on Github now

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri May 20 15:15:34 PDT 2011

"Daniel Gibson" <metalcaedes at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ir6jup$1he8$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Am 20.05.2011 22:26, schrieb Nick Sabalausky:
>> "Don" <nospam at nospam.com> wrote in message
>> news:ir55o4$2lhg$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>>
>>> Here's my list of bugs in git for windows which I found in the first
>>> fews
>>> days of using it:
>>>
>>> 1. Windows git's handling of paths is completely screwed.
>>> If you've checked out your working copy into (say) c:\foo\bar\dmd
>>> and you rename a parent directory, eg to c:\foo2\bar\dmd, your working
>>> copy gets hosed.
>>> Maybe this happens only after you've performed a git operation; didn't
>>> experiment with it much.
>>
>> That one's kind of funny, actually. Linus himself pretty much considers
>> SVN
>> to be total shit, and yet SVN handles that perfectly fine, while his
>> program
>> apperently doesn't.
>>

> You wouldn't really expect that Linus cares about Windows support, would
> you? I guess on Linux git works really well (haven't used it much yet).
>
> Microsofts VCS (Visual Sourcesafe or something like that) won't work
> properly on Linux either..

Microsoft is a corporation. So by definition, self-interested (Besides, VSS
is rightfully dead anyway). Linus isn't a corporation and he isn't selling
Linux. But he is, presumably, a self-respecting software developer and not a
self-righteous ass that's out to throw his weight around at any whim (or is
he?). So why not?