[OT] Re: There's new GIT instructions on Github now

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Fri May 20 15:38:38 PDT 2011

Am 21.05.2011 00:06, schrieb Don:

> For me, the issue is not that it doesn't work. I actually don't mind
> that. It's only when there are claims that it does work. Denying that
> there is a problem is a great way to ensure it never gets fixed.
>
> Same thing with D, actually -- it's important for us to be honest about
> what maturity level the language is really at.

OK, I totally agree that one should be honest about bugs and the general
level of maturity of software.

I recently tried to use (and enhance) software that more or less claimed
to be stable enough for productive usage and claimed to have a plethora
of great features (scalability etc).. and when I read the code (a few
thousand lines of undocumented/uncommented ruby, *urgh*) I realized that
it was more of a dirty hack that didn't have most of the advertised
features.. that's really annoying and disappointing.