[OT] Re: There's new GIT instructions on Github now

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Fri May 20 15:46:00 PDT 2011

On 5/21/11 12:34 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> And again, using Wine doesn't count as supporting Linux, so why the hell
> should the other way around be any different?

Because, at least in my eyes, there is a huge difference between telling
your users that using Wine they might be able to get your software to
work on Linux (which is typically the most you can hope for if you are a
Linux user), and using MinGW to make porting your application to Windows
easier, which is not necessarily visible to the end user.

(Yes, Wine is occasionally used by software vendors themselves as well,
like in the form of Transgaming Cider by Riot Games for the Mac version
of their League of Legends game, but I hope you'll agree that this is
not what one typically thinks about when Wine is mentioned.)

David