There's new GIT instructions on Github now

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Fri May 20 18:17:20 PDT 2011

Don Wrote:

> No, fanboyism is evidenced in dismissing a list of bugs. I think that
> was a darn good list.

Based on what you have described it sounds like most of your problems come with using poorly ported Linux programs and not with the Windows port of Git.

You had symbolic links and mounted files, those don't exist in Windows. Junctions exist for NTFS, but I doubt that is what you refer.

I happily run git in powershell with assistance from gvim.