There's new GIT instructions on Github now

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Sat May 21 04:13:29 PDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-05-21 at 12:00 +0200, Daniel Gibson wrote:
> Am 21.05.2011 08:15, schrieb Russel Winder:

> >> I think MS doesn't have anything that comes closer to a VCS, so there
> >> was nothing else I could have used that comparison ;)
> >
> > Not entirely true, they have Team Foundation Server (including Team
> > Foundation Version Control) which is reputed to work reasonably well,
> > especially with Visual Studio.  On the other hand I have no first hand
> > experience as it requires Windows Server, IIS, and SharePoint.
> >

> OK, I'm not really familiar with Microsoft tools.
> I guess MS doesn't provide a Linux client for that either. ;)

Definitely not -- after all why would Microsoft even contemplate that
you were going to buy anything other than Microsoft product -- but there
are various plug-ins for Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, etc. to allow them to
make checkouts of TFS hosted repositories.  It's just web services so no
big deal.  Though the conspiracy theorists will undoubtedly want to
worry about all the hidden checks etc. to hobble non-Microsoft products.

Personally I'll just stick with Bazaar, Mercurial and Git.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk