[OT] Re: There's new GIT instructions on Github now

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Sat May 21 04:20:56 PDT 2011

On 5/21/11 1:09 PM, Lutger Blijdestijn wrote:
>> And how well do projects from a professional version work in the free
>> (Visual Studio Express) version?
>
> That should work, the professional version is mostly about extra ide
> features, the basics and the toolchain is exactly the same.

I have encountered quite a few problems though. For example, 64 bit code
generation used to be absent by default from Express versions (maybe it
still is, haven't checked), which is a sensible marketing decision per
se. However, it was implemented in such a way that I couldn't open a
solution file from an open source project I was working on with my
Express edition installation, just because it contained an x64 target…

David