There's new GIT instructions on Github now

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Sat May 21 05:29:12 PDT 2011

On 5/21/11 2:04 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 5/21/11, Lutger Blijdestijn<lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I recently starting using interactive rebasing which is a tremendous help
>> for these kind of situations. This is usually what I do:<snip>
>
> Ah, this could be quite useful. In one instance I've made a change,
> committed (locally) and then found a typo in the code and had to make
> another commit just to fix a typo I've introduced. So I could use
> rebasing here (like merging two changes into one, I guess I can do
> that?).

Yes: Let's assume you have some commits A, B, C, D, E on your branch.
Using »git rebase -i/--interactive HEAD~5«, you could choose to drop
commit A altogether, merge C into B, and stop at commit D for editing.

Due to the comments in the generated file and the verbose console
messages, »git rebase -i« is pretty much self-explanatory, just give it
a try!

David