There's new GIT instructions on Github now

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat May 21 11:00:29 PDT 2011

On 5/21/2011 9:09 AM, Robert Clipsham wrote:
> Also, doesn't your editor leave line endings in tact? Every editor I've used for
> programming detects the line endings and doesn't play with them, and they
> generally have an option to chose the default line ending style for new files.

My editor sets the line endings to match the default of the OS it is running
under. In my experience, it is nearly always the right thing to do.

There isn't a right or wrong answer here, unfortunately. Unfortunately, even now
a lot of unix programs still crash and burn with CRLF files (I'm looking at you,
make on FreeBSD).