There's new GIT instructions on Github now

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat May 21 13:18:08 PDT 2011

"Walter Bright" <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:ir8uro$151e$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 5/21/2011 9:09 AM, Robert Clipsham wrote:
>> Also, doesn't your editor leave line endings in tact? Every editor I've
>> used for
>> programming detects the line endings and doesn't play with them, and they
>> generally have an option to chose the default line ending style for new
>> files.
>
> My editor sets the line endings to match the default of the OS it is
> running under. In my experience, it is nearly always the right thing to
> do.

I'm becoming convinced that just using Unix-style \n even on Windows is
nearly always the right thing to do. Windows Notepad is the only Windows
program I've come across that still has any problem with Unix-style line
endings. And what programmer ever uses that? Everything else handles \n just
fine these days, even on Windows. (With the possible exception of Batch
files - I haven't tried that...)