There's new GIT instructions on Github now

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Mon May 23 03:17:12 PDT 2011

Nick Sabalausky Wrote:

> > What politics? If there's less interoperability between linux and windows,
> > this hinders adoption of linux.
>
> If XYZ works on Ubuntu/Linux and not on Windows, that benefits Ubuntu/Linux,
> not Windows. "If you need XYZ, then you'll just have to use ABC" That's
> called "exclusivity" and corporations have always tried to use it to
> gain/keep customers.

The question is WHAT works on linux. From windows user perspective XYZ is just a piece of crap. Who would want to do anything to look at a working piece of crap?

> And even aside from such overt tactics, it could still
> just be a matter of "This company's product is Ubuntu/Linux, so we're only
> mildy interested in putting any effort into Windows issues." (In fact, I do
> think the later is far more likely.)

That's a resource management. Because no windows user uses their piece of crap, the target audience becomes exclusively linux users. Of course linux users support will get higher priority provided absence of windows users.