Curl wrapper

Masahiro Nakagawa repeatedly at gmail.com
Mon May 23 12:02:22 PDT 2011

On Wed, 18 May 2011 20:07:01 +0900, Jonas Drewsen <jdrewsen at nospam.com>
wrote:

> On 18/05/11 10.09, Johannes Pfau wrote:
>> jdrewsen wrote:
>>>
>>> But I would rather stop here feature wise and wrap
>>> this thing up. I would like to focus my efforts on a candidate for
>>> std.net.event/reactor/proactor module.
>>
>> Have you already started working on std.net.event? Do you plan to base
>> that on libev / libevent?
>
> I'll finish the curl wrapper before starting on it.
>
> I have had a look at libev/event before and they are very nice libs. But
> I think I'll have to implement it from scratch for two reasons:
>
> 1, AFAIK we cannot include code in std phobos that is not boost licensed
> or a license as liberal. libev for example requires you to distribute
> the license with your software.
>
> 2, It introduces a dependency to an external project in phobos.
> Currently no dependencies are present. This makes phobos very easy to
> install and use out of the box.
>
> The optimal solution to these problems from my point of view would be to
> get that "much discussed" package tool in place soon (CPAN,apt alike).
>
> Heck, now I think about it maybe I should do that before any std.net
> stuff. Let's see how the wind blows - many interesting projects :)

Good!

Last year, I tried to implement std.event. In Windows, using IOCP with
Overlapped-IO for proactor.
Others, IO multiplexing with worker-thread for proactor emulation.
But Johannes already started implementing event module using libev,
so I deleted this task from my tasks.

My pending projects need event module. I expect your efforts!

Masahiro

P.S.
cURL wrapper is nice. I wait this :)