Example within documentations of D seriously need some improvement.

Matthew Ong ongbp at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 05:08:39 PDT 2011

On 5/27/2011 7:27 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2011-05-27 09:35, Matthew Ong wrote:
> The documentation on the DigitalMars site is more of a language
> reference than a tutorial. It's probably not the best place to start but
> when you know the language is good to be able to look some odd syntax
> you rarely use.
yes. I am aware, it is not a tutorial site. Lets compare that with
Google Go, Java, and C# Language reference.

Java
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/third_edition/html/j3TOC.html
Well Organized and has detail interference. They even have implicit and
explicit promotion documented.

C#
http://www.willydev.net/descargas/CLICsharp.pdf
490 pages and well documented.

Go
http://golang.org/doc/go_spec.html
Short. But some organisation also.
No foo and no bar. Point, Split, Join, String...

I am not asking D to be as heavy pages as Java or C#(use their)
organization but use the naming example similar to Go or something
better? But at least see in the TOC of Java and C# to see what is
missing from D documentation. D has a larger than Java syntax set.

About tutorial.

Even the tutorial site is not as organized as the one shown there?
Please have a click on the URL:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/tutorials/wiki/ArraysCategory
http://www.dprogramming.com/tutorial.php

Compare that to the Php,
http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_operators.asp

Please let me know which is easy to navigate and easy to read?

--
Matthew Ong
email: ongbp at yahoo.com