Could new keyword help function hijacking and prevented aliasing all over the place??

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri May 27 06:37:10 PDT 2011

On 2011-05-27 13:42, Matthew Ong wrote:

> Do you have cases where you have to "alias all over the place"?
>
> http://hg.dsource.org/projects/dwt2/file/d00e8db0a568/base/src/java/io/ByteArrayInputStream.d
>

>  >Maybe you are not doing something correctly, you shouldn't need this
> feature all the time.
> Not me, others that has coded the dwt and I suspect other code in
> dsource where they tries to mimic Java Library and perhaps C# also.

DWT is a direct port of the Java library SWT and it tries to stay as
close to the original code base as possible to easy merges of future
release of SWT.

When coding my own projects (projects I've written from scratch and not
ported from other languages) it's a feature I rarely use, don't know if
I ever have used it.

--
/Jacob Carlborg