DustMite, a D test case minimization tool

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Fri May 27 21:56:54 PDT 2011

On Thu, 26 May 2011 09:58:33 +0300, Don <nospam at nospam.com> wrote:

>>  This is fantastic for ICE bugs. But it doesn't work well for certain
>> types of bugs, such as the one I tracked down recently, which are of
>> the form:

I've improved DustMite with your suggestions, and added the
--strip-comments and --coverage options. The algorithm itself has been
substantially improved as well. As an example, I tried to reduce rdmd to
see why it didn't compile with latest DMD/Phobos (with an unhelpful error
message pointing inside std.array).
Old version: https://gist.github.com/994106
New version: https://gist.github.com/994108
The first and last imports couldn't be reduced, but it's still a great
improvement.

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net