std.log available for viewing

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Sun May 29 14:12:14 PDT 2011

Am 29.05.2011 23:07, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
> On 05/29/2011 01:42 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>>
>>> Again, consistency is a relation, not a value, i.e. consistent with
>>> _what_ is key. In this case I'm being consistent with glog's choice of
>>> names.
>>>
>>> Andrei
>>
>> Why are you so fixed with glog, yes I know you think it's a great
>> library, could you please let it go and try to think out of the box that
>> is glog.
>
> This is not "thinking", it's a simple name choice.
>
>> Can we have it consistent within our own logging API and for one second
>> forget that the API is original based on glog?
>
> That would be circular logic. I'm sure you are referring to consistency
> with the general naming convention in Phobos, which I agree would also
> be desirable. The delicate thing is satisfying everybody.

IMHO consistency with Phobos' naming conventions is more important than
consistency with the naming conventions of the lib that the code was
inspired by.
People who have ever used glog will want to use std.log - and they will
expect names to be consistent within Phobos and they won't care about
historical reasons.

> Andrei

Cheers,
- Daniel