std.log available for viewing

Masahiro Nakagawa repeatedly at gmail.com
Sun May 29 14:43:13 PDT 2011

On Sun, 29 May 2011 08:40:16 +0900, Jose Armando Garcia
<jsancio at gmail.com> wrote:

> The implementation and documentation for std.log is ready for viewing.
> You can take a look at the doc at
> http://jsancio.github.com/phobos/phobos/std_log.html. The source code
> is at https://github.com/jsancio/phobos/blob/master/std/log.d.
>
> I had to make some changes to druntime to get the thread id. The
> module will work without the changes but you wont to see thread ids in
> your log messages. I will look into sending a pull request to
> druntime, in the meantime you can apply the attached patch to your
> druntime if you want to see thread ids in the log.
>
> Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions! Thanks,

- every, first, after
These are useful? I can't image the use cases.
I think 'when(cond)' is enough.

- fatal, error and other global variables
'logger.error("hoge")' seems to be better than 'error("hoge")'.
error("hoge") is not clear in complicated context. In addition,
I think defining general name variables on global scope is bad.

Masahiro