Another Log implementation

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Mon May 30 05:24:10 PDT 2011

On 5/30/11 12:13 PM, Vincent wrote:
> I can say more: looking at program trace I more interested not in 'give
> me more details', but 'give me details on this object'. In your case
> it's IO object - turning ON verbosity, you do it for ALL logging, while
> you need just an IO module. What you say on this? :)
> In this case I prefer snippets like this:
>
> // some IO logic
> version(log_io) logDbg(`SENT: ` ~ line);

First, please note that Jose turned verbose logging on just for IO as
well, you might want to have a closer look at his post. Second, your
proposal doesn't allow enabling/disabling verbose logging without
recompiling your application, which is clearly not desirable in many
contexts where a logging library would be used.

David