Another Log implementation

Vincent thornik at gmail.com
Mon May 30 07:50:12 PDT 2011

On Mon, 30 May 2011 16:01:21 +0200, David Nadlinger <see at klickverbot.at>
wrote:

> In terms of code, e.g. here:
>
> https://github.com/jsancio/phobos/blob/master/std/log.d#L864

Great! Didn't catch it from docs, sorry. Anyway, it's not 'verbosity' as
meaning in english - it's FILTERING and yep, this is useful. But all those
'verbose level 1, 2, 3....' that's ridiculous.

> I was referring to the post of you I actually cited, where you wrote:
>
> ---
> In this case I prefer snippets like this:
>
> // some IO logic
> version(log_io) logDbg(`SENT: ` ~ line);
> ---
>
> Clearly, you can't activate/deactivate logging at runtime here

You can, see Log.IsEnabled member.

> No offense intended, but could you please try to respect common
> newsgroup/mailing list etiquette and actually read the posts you are
> replying to?

Strange statement... are you stupid or you make me stupid? How I
physically can answer on message if I didn't read it?? I read it, try to
understand and reply. What's wrong you found here?