std.log available for viewing

Jose Armando Garcia jsancio at gmail.com
Mon May 30 09:59:34 PDT 2011

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Walter Bright
<newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> On 5/29/2011 3:07 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>
>> Why is everyone that contribute with a std.log implementation keep
>> insisting
>> that it should be configured via command line options?
>
> What rolls down stairs
> alone or in pairs,
> and over your neighbor's dog?
> What's great for a snack,
> And fits on your back?
> It's log, log, log
>
> It's log, it's log,
> It's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
> It's log, it's log, it's better than bad, it's good.
>
> Everyone wants a log
> You're gonna love it, log
> Come on and get your log
> Everyone needs a log
> log log log
>
> LOG FROM BLAMMO
>

> (-- Ren & Stimpy)

Walter, what do you think about adding __MODULE__ to the language? It
will work similar to __FILE__ and __LINE__ but instead get replaced by
the name of the module. This would be really useful for std.log's
verbosity filtering feature.

I can send a pull request once I am familiar with dmd's code.

Thanks,
-Jose