[Submission] D Slices

eles eles at yaho.com
Tue May 31 11:12:32 PDT 2011

== Quote from Andrei Alexandrescu (SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org)'s
article
> On 5/31/11 11:10 AM, eles wrote:
> > I hope some day someone would not have to write a paper like
http://
> > drdobbs.com/blogs/cpp/228701625 but targetting... D's biggest
mistake
> > was to use open-limit on the right.
> I sure wish that were the biggest mistake! :o)
> Andrei

Maybe you are right and there are others, too.

Is off-topic, but I won't understand why D did not choose to
explicitly declare intentions of "break" or "fall" after branches in
switch statements (while dropping implicit "fall").

It won't break existing or inherited (from C) code. It will just
signal that it is illegal and force the programmer to revise it and
to make sure it behaves as intended.