[Submission] D Slices

eles eles at eles.com
Tue May 31 12:51:43 PDT 2011

> If your program needs an array of 4 billion elements (2e+19
elements on
> 64-bit system), you're programming it wrong.
> This is an problem that won't arise practically.

You are limiting yourself to Desktop PC. It is not always the case.
There are also other platforms (embedded D, let's say), where
constraints could be different.

Second, you are addressing the rarity of the case. Yes, is a
scholastic case w.r.t. the today needs. What is wrong and what is
good is quite subjective to say it.

 The advantages of using
> closed range is small compared with those of open range (as shown by
> other people).

But what are the advantages of using open range over closed range? I
fail to see any advantages. Yes, I see those other people (and quite
many), but I fail to see any advantage except the louder talk.